Chancery Place incorporates:
• 102,000 sqft of net office space
• A destination ‘Directors Lounge’ complete with private roof garden overlooking Albert Square
• Double height active retail unit fronting Booth Street
• A double height reception space orientated towards the premier address of King Street
• Through the careful placement of a single core each typical office floor is capable of two sublets
• Primary space maximised through the oversailing of the pavement on all four elevations
Set back 0.5 m from the front of pavement the external profile creates a modern flat iron building. Clad in steel and glass to maximise the view out and daylight in, the building has a distinct top, middle and bottom. The bottom creates the office and retail address and provides access to a technically challenging and spiralling two and half level basement, housing 26 car parking spaces, plant rooms, cycle storage and shower areas. The middle twelve floors are an extrusion of the site interrupted only by the lift core, with its portland stone mix cladding panels creating a nod to the historic buildings on King Street and the conservation area.
The top two floors are a modern twist on the traditional Victorian frieze. A series of 6 metre glass blades offer solar shading and shelter to the executive roof garden but also provide a fitting finale to this new premier office address.
Completed in October 2008 – only 2 years from inception. The building creates a new landmark for a great modern city.