Linn Park Mansion is a grade B listed building built in 1820 in Linn Park. After the building ceased to be inhabited, it was taken over by GCC parks dept: and was used to house a small museum. Eventually the building was closed and rapidly fell into disrepair. By the time Classical House got involved the roof had collapsed and the building deemed unsafe. jmarchitects were appointed to test the viability of restoring and converting the building back to a residential function.
Following extensive discussion with DRS conservation section jmarchitects proposed a full faithful restoration of the existing (historical) listed villa, with a new contemporary extension to the rear. The extension was designed to provide a strong relation between the building and the park. The plans of the flats being orientated to track the sun and frame views of the park. The fenestration was resolved as a function of this intention which has resulted in an abstract arrangement of large simple openings in the principle apartments.
The extension is clad in Scottish Larch, and stained black with a translucent stain. The idea being that the timber will blend with the surrounding landscape.
Stone Masons: Scotcourt Ltd
Glazing: Scotskill Ltd
Glazing: Century 21
Roofing: Cupa Slates
Roofing: TBS Elastomers Europe (ecoseal)